Monday 24 November 2008

Cast of thousands - all right then lots!

Thank You to all the following - you all made my trip the most memorable ever - clink on the link to listen to Neil Diamond's "America" (below)

Memphis :
The Heartbreak Hotel and all it's staff
Elvis Presley Enterprises for allowing us in to pay our respects to Elvis
Elvis Presley
The Doubletree Hilton Hotel,Memphis
Memphis Grizzlies and New York Knicks basketball teams
Backbeat Tours of Memphis
"Memphis Jackson" - what a tour that was!
All the bartenders on Beale Street
Britney - barmaid at The Flying Saucer bar,Memphis (remember the picture?)
New York City:
Rumours bar on 8th Avenue
All the people I met there - (from a blurred memory!) - Andy,Gary and Fran - bar staff,Robert from North Carolina,Sharon and daughters from Belfast,Kate from London (up the toffees!),Beverly Falk from New York City and countless others!
Michael Robinson and Tim Sohn ex Kings College.
Keith,Elise and Molene
Vijay and Heather
Hotel Grand Union,East 32nd Street
The Empire State Building - my second favourite building in the world (my first favourite?...Up The Villa!!)
Officer Doughty of the NYPD
The Brooklyn Bridge
And finally The New York Giants.
I have probably missed someone out but rest assured anyone or anything I came into contact with made my whole journey memorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ttDUGM-1mU

1 comment:

robertkNC said...

Hey Ian...Robert from NC, USA...Hope all is well and sorry it took so long for me to say Hola! Hope all goes well in Hamburg and I'll check back in after a few more weeks. I'll tell you all about my life since I met you until the New Year and thereafter!!!!!!!! Cheers!!!!!!